Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dreams Change

Two kids, a big blue house, lots of pets and a wonderful marriage. What a life! So I used to think. That's how I always imagined myself. Graduate from college at twenty four, marry my boyfriend, and have kids by the time I was twenty seven. Beautiful goals.

There was this moment that changed everything. Something just hit me. That's not how I want my life. That's how life is supposed to end up in a perfect world. News flash! It's not a perfect world. I don't want two kids, one will be plenty. I don't want to get married straight out of college, I'm not even sure I want to get married anymore at all. I just switched majors from elementary education to journalism, who says I won't get tired of that and switch again?

Snow was the biggest reason for me not to leave Michigan. The white Christmases are perfect. What am I? A novel? Not everything has to be the way we see it in movies. I love snow. Or at least I used to. Now I want to move to California. I'm done with snow. Sunshine all the time seems like much more excitement.

What changed? I was so sure about my life for so long. Why do I feel this way all of a sudden? I haven't done anything differently. I just woke up one day and decided it was time for a change. I want to move somewhere new and start all over. The biggest question now, will it change again? Can I go through with my new goals and be happy? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment